October 21, 2011

The Plan

Some people have a 5-Year Plan or a 10-Year Plan. I am not one of those people.  I am just three months shy of turning 35 so five and ten years down the road are ages I am just not looking forward to at the moment.
Instead I have a six-month plan (hence the title “Six Selfish Months”).  In the next six months, I plan to give myself a 100% makeover; mind, body, and soul.  From my very red hair to my pedi-needing toes and from my “Mommy-itis” stricken thinker to my needing-some-guidance heart, I am ready for some change.
I have some set-in-stone goals. For instance, I want to lose 45 pounds.  (I know. Yuck.)  I want to fit back into my size 8 “skinny” pants.  As I go along the weight loss route, I also want to update my hair, make-up and wardrobe.  For me this may be harder than losing weight seeing as how:
(a)    I’ve had the same basic hairstyle for most of my adult life and had my last make-up makeover in 2005,  (I think I may even still have some of that make-up … ewww) and
(b)   There are many days when I don’t even get dressed or wear make-up, and my motto of late (aka the last 10 years) has been “a ponytail is a girl’s best friend.” (sad, but true)
I have loose plans on how to achieve these goals (a YMCA membership, a few (ha!) trips to a salon, and a lot of shopping (in my opinion the WORST part of the whole process), but I’ll probably get a little more in details with those later.
But those set-in-stone goals are doable.  One step at a time.
Other goals are a little more loosey-goosey.  I want to learn something new. I want to give back to my community. I want to find my faith again. (It’s not really lost; we’ve just been driving around in circles for a while.) I want to be a more positive person. (Living here in the dreary, rainy Pacific Northwest, this can be a challenge that I’ve failed at a lot lately.)
Those goals … well, I’ll just have to keep you updated on their progress.
There you have it: The Plan.  Not the most exciting post for a reader, but certainly a positive step for this blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment